Date Added: 15 May 2023
: 30 May 2023
Job Title: Constituency Agent
Working For: North Oxfordshire Conservative Association
Location: North Oxfordshire
Salary: £26,000-£30,000 per annum negotiable, plus possible bonus
Length of Contract: Full time. Permanent.
Summary of Main Duties:
- Running the Partnership Office of the two constituencies.
- Campaign strategy development and lead election campaigning for all levels of government across the two constituencies. Effective budget planning and control for overall campaign and individual candidates.
- Act as Election Agent, fulfilling the requirements of election law.
- Produce election cross-media content in conjunction with Council Leaders, Candidates, and the Vice Charman (Political).
- Lead, develop, and coordinate constituency website and digital strategy. Support digital presence of Councillors and candidates where necessary.
- Lead campaign operations and sessions throughout the year, leading up to election day support.
- Build relationships with local media and lead creation and placement of campaign stories, press releases and digital content across social channels.
- Lead internal communication across local members to support creation of an Association culture that people enjoy and like being part of.
- Coordinating and facilitating constituency social events and fundraising activities in conjunction with the Social Committee.
- Maintain membership lists and coordinate membership renewal and expansion with Deputy Chairman (Membership).
- Act as Secretary to the Officers group, Executive Council, Annual General Meeting of the Associations and Partnership, respond to emails and telephone enquiries, organise meetings, minute taking, report writing and handling sensitive and confidential materials.
Experience / skills required: Demonstrable political campaign experience; ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision; problem-solving skills; excellent communication skills; interpersonal skills with an ability to manage and bring to consensus multiple stakeholders; ability to negotiate, influence and motivate; enthusiasm for digital campaigning and experience of running a website.
Personal characteristics: This is a high-profile role, requiring a self-starter who had strong inter-personal skills and organising ability. It requires flexibility and multi-tasking. Confidence with IT is essential, knowledge of “InDesign” an asset. There are evening meetings and weekend work, especially in Campaign season.
For full advertisement and information please visit: www.northoxfordshireconservatives.com/work-us
Closing Date: 30 May 2023
To be advised
To apply please send CV and covering letter to the Constituency Chairman, Cllr Phil Chapman, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat or more information, please contact Association office on 01869 811236