Date Added: 16 May 2023
: 23 June 2023
Job Title: Programme Manager – Connectivity and Net Zero
Working For: techUK
Salary: £32,000-£44,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
A newly created position has opened up to work jointly across the techUK Telecoms, Net Zero and Smart Infrastructure and Systems programmes, to look at how to deliver digital infrastructure as well as accelerate the adoption of 'clean tech' across heavy emitting sectors.
The Communications Infrastructure and Services Programme convenes the widest cross-section of the telecoms ecosystem in the UK, from major operators and platforms, to vendors, infrastructure builders and service providers. Our members are the collective voice for telecoms policy for the UK, and we seek to maximise the benefits of advanced connectivity in our economy, explore the future of telecoms and maintain confidence in the resilience of our networks.
The Net zero and Infrastructure programmes focuses on the deployment of digital tech and seeks to identify/remove barriers to digitalisation in key sectors such as energy, water and transport.
This role is split 50/50 between our telecoms/connectivity programme and our net zero infrastructure programme
- Lead on telecoms infrastructure deployment, removing the barriers to rollout and coordinating our work across the Nations and Regions on digital infrastructure
- Oversee our work on innovation in telecoms infrastructure, including energy efficiency of networks
Net zero and Infrastructure
- Lead a workpiece on climate resilience across tech firms and infrastructure (including telecoms), to make sure they are resilient to risk
- Supporting the head of infrastructure with responses to consultations, member meetings, external meetings to promote the role of tech in decarbonising infrastructure
- Lead projects on using digital tech to decarbonise heavy emitting sectors, through engaging with the wider ecosystem
- Convene member meetings and keeping them informed of important government and policy announcements
- Write reports, briefings and articles for external consumption on both programme areas
- Providing secretariat support to working groups and cross-industry fora. This includes managing records of meetings, blogs, database management and receiving and handling inbound queries from members
- Leading on the response to government/parliamentary/regulator consultations and holding member roundtables with stakeholders to ensure members are heard on policy debates
Closing Date: 23 June 2023
If shortlisted you will be contacted for an interview. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you want to apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com
A full version of the job description can be found on our website.