Date Added: 17 May 2023
: 2 June 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Gareth Thomas MP (Harrow West)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Gareth Thomas MP is seeking to employ a new member to his busy casework team. The role will be based from Gareth’s Westminster office with occasional travel to his constituency office.
The Harrow West constituency office receives hundreds of incoming enquiries from constituents every week and the successful candidate will be expected to efficiently respond to a varied workload as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with the public in casework, advocacy, advice work or a similar role. Experience of working for an MP is preferable but not essential.
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Draft responses to constituents
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Attend constituency meetings as appropriate, assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
Closing Date: 2 June 2023
• Interviews to take place on the week commencing 12th June with a start date expected to be in early July.
• Please email a CV of no more than two pages and one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Caseworker Application - YOUR NAME' as the subject line.
• Unfortunately, due to a large volume of interest, we will only be able to contact candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for this role.