Date Added: 20 May 2023
: 14 June 2023
Job Title: Policy Researcher
Working For: The Russell Group of Universities
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Russell Group, which represents 24 leading universities in the UK, has an exciting opportunity for a Researcher to join our International Policy team. This is a new permanent full-time post at entry level so is open to policy professionals and new graduates.
The role involves, but is not limited to, the following:
• Carrying out analysis and research, including data analysis
• Managing research projects and outputs
• Contributing to high quality, persuasive and evidence-based papers for a variety of audiences including government, member universities, and policymakers
• Collecting and maintaining information about key activities and developments within Russell Group institutions which relate to Russell Group policy priorities
• Contributing directly to communications outputs including press statements, blogs, opinion pieces and occasional media interviews.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of working on research projects, particularly related to policy analysis and development
• Strong attention to detail in producing persuasive, evidence-based conclusions
• Experience of analysing/using a range of data/information sources to inform evidence-based policy development
• Ability to write in clear, concise English for different audiences
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work proactively and to manage own workload, both independently and as part of a team
• A good level of numeracy and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
A full vacancy description for the role (including a detailed list of key competencies) and our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form are available to download from the Russell Group website: http://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/vacancies/
We welcome applications from people whatever their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief, or age. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion as a core part of our values, which are stated in the vacancy description document.
The post is based in our Central London office with flexibility for home working for part of each week. Benefits include a generous career average pension, enhanced parental leave/pay and flexible working polices, an interest-free travelcard loan and a cycle scheme.
Closing Date: 14 June 2023
Closing time for all applications: 5pm
1st and 2nd round interviews are likely to be held in weeks commencing 3rd and 10th July 2023 respectively.
If you have not heard by 30th June 2023 your application will not have been successful.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) An up-to-date CV (max. 2 sides of A4) including:
a. details of your current and past employment
b. your degree qualifications including subjects and grades
c. two references (your current/most recent employer and a former line manager)
2) A cover letter no more than 2 sides of A4 addressing the following:
a. how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the role
b. why you are interested in working for the Russell Group
For a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Moore at email@example.com