Date Added: 20 May 2023
: 26 May 2023
Job Title: Communications and Constituency Support Manager
Working For: Helen Grant OBE MP (Maidstone & the Weald)
Salary: MPs staff are employed in accordance with IPSA guidelines
Length of Contract: Permanent
A vacancy has arisen within the Parliamentary team of Helen Grant OBE MP to work principally in her Maidstone office, and also in London from time to time.
The successful candidate will be well-presented, motivated, optimistic, engaging, reliable, careful, punctual and capable of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Engage professionally, confidentially with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, emails and face to face
• Ensure online presence is meeting the demands of the constituents, the locality and the MP
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with data protection legislation
• Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
• Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
• Oversee the monitoring and updating of online platforms including the website and social media
• Provide briefings for the MP
• There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally
• Provide general admin and casework support to the team under supervision of the senior caseworker.
Skills and experience:
• Ability to work independently as well as a key part of a team,
• Be able to prioritise your workload, and work comfortably under pressure.
• Competent use of the Microsoft Office suite, social media apps, image and video management software and Zoom.
• Knowledge of the Maidstone & The Weald constituency would be very advantageous.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
Whilst the deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 26-05-2023, we may interview and appoint earlier if a suitable applicant is identified prior to that time.
Please email your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for this position to the office manager at email@example.com