Date Added: 22 May 2023
: 26 May 2023
Job Title: Policy and Research Advisor - Mayor's Office
Working For: Greater London Authority
Salary: £28.25 per hour, pro-rata
Length of Contract:
An opportunity has arisen to work as a Policy and Research Advisor within the Mayor’s Office at the GLA.
- Conduct research as directed by the Mayoral Head of Policy and other senior advisors to the Mayor.
- Use research skills and a knowledge of GLA and functional body policies and messages to advise on the suitability and consistency of content to be included in policy documents and communications materials.
- Produce briefings for the Mayor, the Mayor’s Office and external stakeholders on a wide variety of topics relating to the Mayor, the Greater London Authority and functional bodies.
- Draft briefings as well as articles, statements and other written material as required.
Skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Proven ability to provide research and strategic policy analysis, within a political or complex business environment, on a wide range of topics, assimilate information and prepare briefings.
- Ability to write high-quality work at short notice.
- A thorough understanding of London government, the political landscape in London and the issues facing a major world city.
- Successful track record of researching and drafting a diverse range of briefings and written material within a complex political environment.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role supporting a politician or senior manager in a busy and complex environment, dealing with confidential / sensitive issues and documents.
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
Interviews: End of May / beginning of June.
Starting date: as soon as possible following interviews.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Stacey.KasongoMujinga@london.gov.uk