Date Added: 22 May 2023
: 11 June 2023
Job Title: Senior Policy and Partnerships Officer
Working For: District Councils' Network
Salary: £63,341 to £67,375 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking for two Senior Policy and Partnerships Officers. This is an exciting opportunity to land a senior role in an influential local government organisation. The District Councils’ Network (DCN) represents the diverse interests of our 167 member councils in England to central government.
The role offers frequent engagement with council leaders and chief executives across England as well as Government ministers and senior civil servants. It’s a great mix of policy, research, comms and delivery.
You’ll get the opportunity to engage with the big strategic issues of the day, including levelling up, housing, health and wellbeing, cost of living, climate change, and devolution. The DCN wants to be the go-to organisation in local government, and you’ll play a pivotal part in making that happen.
This is a busy and stretching job, ideal for someone looking to build a local government career at senior levels. You’ll oversee the delivery of the DCN’s strategic priorities – ensuring we’re producing strong research, evidence and policy, influencing our communications strategy, and working closely with specialist policy officers in our member councils. You’ll support the Director to drive forward the DCN’s strategy. There’ll be a strong emphasis on building new relationships with external partners.
We’re looking for an ambitious and highly motivated individual with good political antennae and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of senior leaders.
- You’ll have strong experience of developing and delivering policy at a senior level.
- You’ll be adept at analysing complex problems and diverse information to produce compelling arguments.
- You’ll have excellent oral and written communication skills. You’ll be able to work independently and confidently represent DCN to our members and external audiences.
- You’ll be a supportive manager and a strong leader.
- Experience of working in local government isn’t essential but you’ll be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the policy and delivery priorities for district and unitary councils.
Closing Date: 11 June 2023
Interviews will be in week of 19 June or week of 26 June.
We are looking for somebody who can start as soon as possible.
For more information and to discuss the role, please contact James Hood, Director of the DCN: email@example.com
To download a recruitment pack and apply for the post, please follow this link: https://www.cherwell.gov.uk/directory-record/102893/senior-policy-and-partnership-officer