Date Added: 22 May 2023
: 7 June 2023
Job Title: Senior Associate - Strategy
Working For: Equality and Human Rights Commission
Location: Cardiff, Manchester, Glasgow
Length of Contract: 18 months
As a senior associate in the Strategy Team you will contribute to providing high-quality strategic advice and insights to support the development and delivery of the Commission’s programmes of work, and its longer-term strategy, in order to maximise our impact as Britain’s regulator of equality and human rights, including as a National Human Rights Institution.
You will support the Head of Strategy to develop the next Strategic Plan for the period 2025-2028. Using your understanding of the wider strategic context the Commission operates in and strong project management skills you will ensure the strategy is delivered to time. You will draw on intelligence and evidence from across the Commission and the wider policy and stakeholder environment to make sense of emerging issues and identify opportunities and risks for the Commission’s next strategic plan period.
You will report to a Strategy Principal but you will work particularly closely with the Head of Strategy and senior stakeholders including the Chief Executive and other senior leaders in the organisation, including Board members.
You will need to fulfil this role in a way that is in keeping with our values of fairness, dignity and respect, and display a high degree of flexibility, accountability and initiative.
- working with the Head of Strategy, manage the development of the Commission’s next Strategic Plan
- Work with the Strategy Principal to provide strategic advice to our programme delivery groups and senior responsible officers
- Support colleagues to develop impact pathways and monitor our progress towards impact
- Collect and collate strategic insights to build our understanding of the external context, test our assumptions and amend our strategies as required.
- Develop and own the protected characteristic perspective on our strategy
- Actively contribute to the team, lead on short term projects and work across the Commission as needed.
Closing Date: 7 June 2023
Interviews will take place during week commencing 19 June.