Date Added: 22 May 2023
: 6 June 2023
Job Title: Caseworker/Senior Caseworker
Working For: David Johnston OBE MP (Wantage)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
David Johnston OBE MP is looking for a Caseworker (or a Senior Caseworker, dependant on experience) to join his small, Westminster-based team and handle half of constituent cases. The successful candidate will be a hard-working and compassionate individual who has excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well with limited supervision. Prior experience of casework is desirable but not essential.
David is the MP for Wantage and Didcot, a constituency with 4 main towns, 64 villages and the home to everything from the first-rate science at Harwell Campus, to high-quality farms and the Defence Academy at Shrivenham. He is also PPS to the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email or face to face
• Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and occasionally travel to the constituency
• Other duties as may be required to support the running of the office
• Organised and able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet tight deadlines
• Strong oral, written and communication skills and excellent attention to detail
• Confident at speaking to people at all levels and maintaining confidentiality
• Awareness and understanding of current political issues and how Parliament works
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 June 2023
Interviews will be held after the closing date, with a view to starting in July.
Interested candidates should send a CV and tailored cover letter (generic applications will not be considered) outlining their suitability for the role by 10pm on the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Caseworker Applicaton'.