Date Added: 23 May 2023
: 19 June 2023
Job Title: Academic Representation Coordinator
Working For: LSE Students' Union
Length of Contract: Permanent
About the job
Are you passionate about fair and equal experiences for students? Do you think students should be treated as partners in their education? Do you want to help students to achieve this?
Academic representation is crucial to ensuring that students feel supported and listened to. We’re looking for an organised and passionate individual to join our Representation Team. You'll be coordinating the academic representation process at the LSE, and supporting student representatives in their role. We have hundreds of dedicated student academic representatives who want to improve student education at the LSE - and they need your help! This will involve:
- Facilitating the election of all the student representatives (nearly 700!)
- Liaising with senior school stakeholders to improve the rep system
- Training representatives and supporting them to advocate for their needs
- Running social and events for academic reps
- Project managing our annual Teaching awards
- Facilitating feedback sessions between students and the school
- Writing and distributing the academic reps newsletter
- Promoting academic rep activities across the school and students' union
- Supporting sabbatical officer projects that interest you, ranging from mental health support for students to decolonising the curriculum!
We particularly welcome applicants from individuals who are marginalised on the basis of their race or ethnicity, and from individuals who define as disabled or neurodivergent.
At the LSESU we are really interested in supporting your development and helping you gain a wide skill set within the role.
Closing Date: 19 June 2023
Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates on Tuesday 27th June. If you are unable to make this date, please indicate this in your application.
Want to apply?
Please follow this link to apply: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/academic-representation-coordinator-29813 We ask you to prepare and upload three documents:
- Covering Letter
- Equal Opportunities Form.
We want to ensure all systems, policies and processes are free from bias or discrimination and are fair and accessible, therefore we will only share your covering letter with the shortlisting committee. Please do not include any personal information, such as your name or contact details in this letter. If you are selected for an interview, we will then share your CV with the interview panel.