Date Added: 23 May 2023
: 7 June 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Owen Thompson MP (Midlothian)
Location: Midlothian based with occasional hybrid working and travel
Salary: Salary: £21,529 - £34,599 dependent on skills and experience (in line with the IPSA allowance guidelines)
Length of Contract: 6 months fixed term to cover sickness absence
Owen Thompson MP is seeking to recruit a Fixed Term Full Time Caseworker to cover sickness absence for a period of 6 months, based in the Midlothian constituency office with hybrid working. There may be an opportunity for this role may be extended beyond 6 months as agreed by both parties.
• Assist with casework
• Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate
• Efficient casework, data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
• Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, email and face to face
• Exposure and management of complex cases
• Maintain positive on-going relationships with all parties including members of the public, groups, suppliers and Westminster where required
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Work with colleagues in communications/research to identify potential impacts
from casework undertaken and disseminate information effectively
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the proven ability to produce a high standard of written work
• The ability to deal compassionately and respectfully with sensitive issues on behalf of constituents.
• Excellent organisational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• The ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
• A flexible approach to working with the ability to work as part of a small team and on own initiative.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Working knowledge of caseworker.mp.
• Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
• An interest in and general understanding of the political scene in Scotland and
• Knowledge of the Midlothian constituency.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 June 2023
The deadline for applications is 5pm with interviews likely to take place on Friday 16th June 2023.
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter outlining why you’d be suitable for this role to Karen.Green@parliament.uk