Local government sits at the heart of our society and shapes the world around us. That’s why, since 2009, Cratus has supported private and public sector organisations to work hand-in-hand in partnership. With in-depth insight and links into local government, our expertise includes planning communications, advisory support for local authorities, community engagement, public affairs, public relations, and much more.
We recognise the importance of decision making at local level and our primary goal is to help clients to engage with communities and local government as they try to develop the best possible planning applications or Local Plan site promotions.
Our business is growing and we are looking for an Account Manager to oversee the day to day management of client accounts in our Planning team, identify issues which affect clients, and help to develop new business.
We are looking for applicants with previous political and / or agency experience in the property and planning sector, or those who have a passion for local government and a knack for speaking to communities.
The successful applicant(s) will have:
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to present confidently
- The ability to empathise
- A proactive attitude, with the ability to manage your own workload and spot opportunities to add value for clients and the business
- Ability to manage colleagues
- Working knowledge of local government or client relationship management
Responsibilities will include:
• Working as part of a dynamic team
• Supporting the delivery of political and stakeholder contact programmes
• Drafting carefully crafted briefing notes to elected representatives and influencers
• Helping to devise and implement strategies to achieve client goals
• Taking responsibility for your own area of new business
• Designing and managing events for clients
• Building your own professional contact network
In return, we offer an enjoyable working environment, a competitive salary and interesting projects to work on.