Date Added: 25 May 2023
: 14 June 2023
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant/Researcher (Part Time)
Working For: Andrea Jenkyns MP (Morley and Outwood)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Andrea Jenkyns, the Member of Parliament for Morley and Outwood, is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant/Researcher to join her Westminster Office on a part-time basis (Monday-Wednesday). Travel to the constituency will be required on occasion.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out a number of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Undertaking research on relevant subjects as directed
- Compilation of briefing packs, take notes of meetings and draft appropriate submissions
- Prepare briefing notes for press releases and parliamentary questions
- Diary Management
- Assist in writing external communications, including speeches, for Andrea
- Provide advice on policy issues
- Monitoring local, regional, and national media coverage and brief Andrea on relevant details
- General administrative support
We are looking for an organised, proactive team-player who is willing to help achieve the objectives of the office.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the values and aims of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 June 2023
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. A candidate may be appointed before the close date.
Candidates will be required to undertake a written task as part of the application.
The successful candidate will ideally begin as soon as possible.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title: "Parliamentary Assistant/Researcher" followed by your name by midday on the close date for this advert.