Alberto Costa MP is looking to recruit a Senior Parliamentary Researcher to join his team in Westminster. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate strong line management skillsand have previous experience working in or around Parliament.
This is a key role which entails managing the busy Parliamentary and constituency teams. The successful candidate will work closely with Alberto, and will lead on policy, communications, Parliamentary business, constituency matters and general administration.
You should be able to manage competing priorities efficiently and calmly; be competent and confident acting on your own initiative, as well as being a strong team-player.
• Line management staff in the Westminster and constituency offices.
• Co-ordinating office communications via traditional and social media.
• Compiling research and briefing packs for MP, on local, national, and regional issues
• Lead on project work, and establish and develop strategies around research development.
• Drafting correspondence on a wide variety of policy-based matters and assisting with complex casework when required.
• Horizon scanning to identify opportunities to pursue topics of local importance and to progress priority campaigns.
• Assist the MP with other Parliamentary duties including organising and attending meetings.
• Assisting with the work of several All-Party Parliamentary Groups; organising meetings and events.
• A thorough understanding of the rhythms of Westminster, and knowledge of the resources available to MPs
• Experience of line managing and motivating a team
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal and administrative skills
• Strong communication and IT skills, with experience writing press releases and overseeing social media accounts
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours, including assisting with events with the MP as requested
Based in Westminster, with occasional visits to the constituency office. Flexibility to work from home on occasions.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Looking to appoint as soon as possible, so interviews will take place on a rolling basis.