Date Added: 25 May 2023
: 6 June 2023
Job Title: Chief of Staff (maternity cover)
Working For: Dean Russell MP (Watford)
Salary: Salary in line with IPSA pay scales and to reflect the experience already gained by the successful candidate.
Length of Contract: Permanent
Dean Russell MP is looking to recruit a full-time Chief of Staff to join his team, on a maternity leave cover basis for approximately 36 weeks (starting end-June).
You will work closely with Dean to deliver his priorities for his constituents and will be involved in all aspects of Parliamentary life, including responsibility for coordinating the team’s busy workload.
The ideal candidate will need to be motivated, confident in acting on their own initiative, comfortable overseeing the team, able to prioritise a busy workload, and able to demonstrate good political nous.
You will need access to a car and be prepared to work across both the Westminster and Watford offices.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Overall management of the Member’s diary commitments
- Overall management of the Member’s inbox
- Co-ordinating and overseeing the team’s workload
- Ensure the office is fully equipped
- Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them
- Exposure and management of complex cases
- Ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues affecting the constituency
- A thorough understanding of the rhythms of Westminster, and knowledge of the resources available to MPs
- A genuine interest in helping constituents and an understanding of the issues affecting the constituency
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- An interest in current affairs, local and national politics
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours, including attending events with the MP as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 June 2023
Looking to appoint as soon as possible, so interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Please apply online at https://hivesupport.co.uk/job-listing/chief-of-staff-maternity-cover-to-dean-russell-mp-watford/
All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org