Date Added: 25 May 2023
: 7 June 2023
Job Title: Caseworker/Communications Officer
Working For: Mark Logan MP (Bolton North East)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: 12 months with potential to extend
Mark Logan, Member of Parliament for Bolton North East, is seeking a Caseworker/Communications Officer to join his busy constituency office.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties, amongst others:
• Casework: Responsible for correctly administering constituent correspondence through bespoke Caseworker system, including the drafting of responses for constituents
• Casework: Deal with large numbers of queries as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face
• Communications: Work with team to design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of established and new channels
• Communications: Help to establish and build appropriate strategies around offline and online presence in the constituency, including creative video content
• Communications: Support the planning of events, meetings, and other tasks within the constituency
• Support the evaluation of both communications and casework impact in the Constituency and Westminster offices
The role will encompass both Casework and Communications tasks, but may change depending on operational requirements.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fun, dynamic, creative and hard-working team, with the ability to work independently to achieve the best outcomes possible for the people of Bolton.
• Thrive on working with members of the public
• Creative streak and enjoy coming up with innovative ways of reaching audiences
• Good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail, and committed to confidentiality
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Curiosity for politics, and a willingness to develop professionally
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 June 2023
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. A candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
Candidates may be required to undertake a written task as part of the application.
The successful candidate will ideally begin as soon as possible.
Along with a CV, please submit a Cover Letter that answers the question “Why do I want to work in the office of the MP for Bolton North East” to email@example.com with the subject line: "Caseworker/Comms Officer".