Holborn, London (with hybrid working)
We are the National Housing Federation (NHF), a not-for profit organisation with a social purpose who act as the voice of housing associations in England.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now looking for a Public Affairs Officer to join our Public Affairs Team on a permanent, full-time basis.
- 27 days' annual leave plus statutory holidays and three closures days over the Christmas period
- Flexible working for all staff including working from home, hybrid working and flexi-time / TOIL scheme
- Attractive family friendly policies
- Private healthcare cover
- Season ticket loans
- Employee awards
- Training and development opportunities
As a Public Affairs Officer, you will develop public affairs strategies that achieve meaningful and impactful results for our members.
Independently managing your key policy areas, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring housing issues maintain their political importance and promote housing associations as the beneficial solution to the housing crisis.
You’ll develop positive relationships with politicians and civil servants, leading impactful public affairs strategies to influence political parties on topics which affect our members.
Collaborating with colleagues across the organisation, you’ll provide expert advice on a range of policy issues, keeping up to date with key political developments to ensure we remain abreast of key issues.
To be considered as a Public Affairs Officer, you will need:
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with parliamentarians and other civil servants
- The proven ability to develop and implement effective public affairs strategies
- A good understanding of the political environment and climate in the UK
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Interviews will begin week commencing 19 June 2023.