Date Added: 25 May 2023
: 16 June 2023
Job Title: Research Analyst Emerging Tech
Working For: RUSI
Salary: £32,000-£38,000 based on skills and experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
About the role
This role is a post designed to provide the Military Science team with a focus on the application of emerging technology to military operations, including but not limited to remote and autonomous systems and their enabling capabilities such as artificial intelligence. The ideal candidate will have experience of research and publications in a fast-moving environment and working to deadlines. With an understanding of the military, they will work across the five military domains (maritime, land, air, cyber and space) and provide capacity to the Military Sciences Team, enabling us to continue the agenda setting programme of thought leadership in military matters and contemporary conflict analysis.
The successful applicant will work for an established team of researchers delivering research products across the military domains, as well as providing exclusive content and analysis for our members. There will be some freedom to develop an individual research agenda over time, but the post is funded to deliver a stronger focus on remote and autonomous systems. We are looking for an experienced and credible researcher who is looking to build on their existing research foundations through broadening understanding of the military domains and with the aim of establishing their own research programme in a few years.
- Assist in delivering research funded projects within the Military Sciences programme;
- Assist in maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders;
- Assist in delivering events and activities related to their work within assigned budgets;
- Assist in building new relationships with military stakeholders in the UK and abroad;
- Plan and deliver research projects, including responsibility for budget management, and collaborating with other researchers to develop new ideas;
- Draft and deliver conference reports, research papers, and larger publications;
- Contribute to published commentary and OpEds, as well as global media engagement; and
- Contribute to building a forward-looking research agenda that reaches multiple audiences.
Closing Date: 16 June 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the closing date brought forward if needed. Early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a Cover letter detailing your experience and why you would like to join RUSI at https://royalunitedservicesinstitute.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=c20db962-3bda-4597-9dc9-e414a5603e48