Date Added: 20 November 2012
: 3 December 2012
Job Title: Research and campaign staff (various roles)
Working For: The TaxPayers' Alliance
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Length of Contract:
The TaxPayers' Alliance (TPA) is looking for talented and motivated new staff to be a part of its ambitious plans to grow and drive the policy debate on key fiscal issues in 2013. In particular, it is seeking a new policy analyst and a new member of the campaign team that manages its engagement with the media and politicians.
The TPA is Britain’s independent grassroots campaign for better services and lower taxes – described as “arguably the most influential pressure group in the country” in the Guardian and “undoubtedly the most effective pressure group in Britain” in the Sunday Telegraph.
All candidates must have:
- a sympathy for the objectives of the TPA and an active interest in British politics and current affairs;
- the ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines;
- the ability to write concisely and accurately; and
- the confidence to respond quickly to economic and political events.
The TPA would particularly welcome applications from candidates with:
- an economics training, for example a degree in economics, economic history or finance;
- experience in applying statistical and economic analysis to policy debates;
- confidence speaking in public;
- knowledge or experience of working with Parliamentarians;
- experience interacting with the print or broadcast media; and
- digital media skills such as photo and video editing and/or HTML, CSS, PHP or other programming for the web.
The roles could suit a recent graduate or someone with more experience.
Closing Date: 3 December 2012
We may start interviewing and appoint before the deadline.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter/e-mail to Emma Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only reply to successful candidates.