Date Added: 9 August 2022
: 8 October 2022
Job Title: Junior Content Editor
Working For: GovNet
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
At GovNet, we create communities through events.
We run exhibitions, conferences and training courses that serve and improve the communities we are passionate about. We are experts with a deep understanding of the evolving challenges these communities face and we have made it out mission to help them. We are proud of the impact we’ve made on our markets, from education to healthcare to emerging tech.
Our Content Executive will be responsible for and have a level of autonomy to deliver a host of HE related content including blogs, opinion pieces, interviews, handbooks, polls, live and recorded panel discussions and webinars. This involves conducting in-depth research into numerous policy areas across the sector, and from this producing contents and building and maintaining relationships with key organisations as well as individuals from across the Higher Education landscape.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting research (research calls, desk-based & face to face – when appropriate) across a wide range of Higher Education policy areas.
- Identifying and building/maintaining relationships with high profile speakers and organisations from across HE.
- Creating innovative, attractive, appealing contents in varying formats, which engage subscribers, drive traffic and attract viewers.
- Researching and submitting new ideas for content themes/pieces.
- Attending relevant events within the HE landscape for research and relationship building purposes.
What we are looking for:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) ideally in but not limited to Journalism, History, English or Politics
- The ability to demonstrate clear research, writing, editing and communications skills - taking on board information and presenting this back in the form of written work that is concise, engaging and commercially viable.
- A creative individual who has the ability to digest information and trends and present this back in the form of innovative content pieces.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive Salary and 20% OTE through company profit share scheme
- 25 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year to a max of 28 days)
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working
- Access to corporate discount at over 3500 UK gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare scheme
Closing Date: 8 October 2022
Virtual interviews proceeding from the 8/08/22