Date Added: 13 September 2022
: 23 September 2022
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Lee Rowley MP (North East Derbyshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Rolling Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a new team member to help Lee in his role as Member of Parliament for North East Derbyshire. We are particularly keen on applications from residents of North East Derbyshire, who will bring local knowledge to the role, as well as:
- a drive to help local residents with issues or challenges on Lee’s behalf;
- a passion for engaging with people across the community – in person, over the phone, and by mail – listening to their concerns and agreeing a plan for how Lee and his team can help;
- an ability to get to the core of an issue so we can identify how we might be able to help; and
- relevant previous experience, together with an interest in the British political system and current events.
Lee’s office deals with hundreds of emails (sometimes more), phone calls and social media messages a week. As a team, we help Lee to work through the individual issues and concerns – working for the best outcomes possible for constituents.
Our team is small, so the role of Administrative Officer will be varied, and dependent on what is happening on any given week, but core responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Answering phone calls from constituents and other organisations, taking down details which will allow the team to help as best we can.
- Dealing with and promptly resolving casework on behalf of constituents, and keeping constituents informed on progress, either by phone or over email. We like to call constituents wherever possible, so confidence on the phone is helpful. We also send a lot of emails, so strong written communication skills are very important.
- Managing a high volume of tasks and prioritising those cases which are most urgent and time sensitive.
- Attending constituency meetings and surgeries as appropriate and representing Lee's office when necessary.
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Assisting the office with other outreach, social media, or strategic projects as required.
Applicants must be sympathetic to the Conservative Party’s values.
Pay is in line with IPSA pay scales.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 September 2022
Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis.
Please mark your application FAO Prue Chapman and email your CV, along with why you think you would be well-suited to the role, to email@example.com.
We receive a lot of email traffic, so please bear with us whilst we are able to respond to your application.