Date Added: 14 September 2022
: 12 October 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Anne Marie Morris MP (Newton Abbot)
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Anne Marie Morris, Member of Parliament for Newton Abbot, is looking to recruit a full-time member of staff as a caseworker to join her Constituency Office team based in Newton Abbot, Devon.
This is a responsible position involving as it does dealing with difficult and often sensitive personal problems for constituents and problems facing local businesses. It involves engaging with local government and health authorities on issues including health, care, benefits, planning and housing and with ministers.
The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic and highly organised. Local knowledge and an understanding of the Newton Abbot constituency will be essential. Some experience of working in a political setting (within local or national government) or within the voluntary and charitable sectors would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
Equally experience from working in a small business or within a law firm would be a good background. Aptitude is more important than specific previous experience. Training will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
• Dealing with correspondence to the MP and advising on and drafting responses and ministerial letters
• Attending surgeries and other local meetings as appropriate taking notes and ensuring follow up action is taken
• Reviewing and responding to social media queries and comments
• Organising meetings for the MP, taking phone calls and answering the office door to constituents
• Getting to know and understand local issues, so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling
• Keeping accurate records in our casework management system and monitoring case progress
• General office administration and support, including the dispatching of correspondence
• Assist with other office tasks as required
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as be a team player
• Have some experience of working with members of the public
• Have an excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications
• Have the ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 October 2022
Interviews may be held before the closing date.
Start Date: Flexible but as soon as possible
To apply, please email your cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the position and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject name - CASEWORKER APPLICATION.
We will acknowledge all applications we receive.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).