Date Added: 17 September 2022
: 7 October 2022
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: EMERGENCY
Length of Contract: 1 year initial contract
EMERGENCY is an international organisation that provides free, high-quality healthcare to victims of war, poverty and landmines, alongside building hospitals and training local medical staff.
EMERGENCY UK is looking for a Communications Officer to become an integral part of its small, London-based team. EMERGENCY UK oversees international communications and fundraising for EMERGENCY around the world, meaning that this role will be truly international in scope.
- Work closely with colleagues in the London and Milan offices to develop and implement a communications strategy that raises awareness of EMERGENCY’s work and acquires new supporters and donors.
- Create and edit content for social media and websites.
- Manage content publication on social media and websites.
- Collect and use analytics to learn audience preferences and shape content.
- Analyse key trends and benchmark online communications.
- Proofread, edit and adapt content for written publications such as the annual Activity Report and direct mailing materials.
- Work closely with colleagues on implementation of supporter journeys.
- Work closely with colleagues on digital marketing.
- Liaise with freelance translators to ensure timely and accurate translations of a range of material from Italian into English.
- Create, edit and adapt press releases for international media contacts.
- Maintain and update media database.
- Use media engagement platform to distribute press releases.
- Compile media monitoring reports.
- Support on organising and implementing public-facing communications activities and events.
- Attend and assist with events (to be assigned within the scope of the position, as and when necessary).
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to use different tones.
- Close attention to detail
- Fluent English language ability
- Professional experience in the charity sector
- Proven track record of results in communications
- Proactive approach to communications
- Knowledge of key communications principles and trends
- Ability to analyse data to inform strategy
- Experience of, or willingless to learn, digital marketing
- Experience of, or willingness to learn, email marketing
- Experience using a range of social media platforms, and a good understanding of their differences
- Experience using Wordpress would be beneficial
Closing Date: 7 October 2022
We may invite candidates for an interview before the deadline for applications.
The role start date is negotiable.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter outlining why you are the right person for this role on the CharityJob website: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/emergency-uk/communications-officer/856932?tsId=8