Date Added: 4 October 2022
: 2 December 2022
Job Title: Head of Policy, Research and Strategy
Working For: The Dispute Service
Location: Hemel Hempstead/Homebased
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Head of Policy, Research and Strategy at TDS will work closely with the Chief Executive and other Executive Directors on a wide range of policy, research, and strategy issues of interest to TDS.
• Writing responses to Government and other consultation papers relating to the private rented sector and new homes, ensuring that the TDS distinctive voice as the voice of authority is heard.
• Participating in TDS Customer Forums to fully understand the needs of customers and to ensure that these are reflected in TDS policy work.
• Acting as the lead owner of the core TDS Policy documents [such as the Strategic Plan, the quarterly performance summaries, the key TDS policy documents including the Scheme Rules, Adjudication rules and other core documents]. Ensuring these are updated for legislative and other relevant changes.
• Lobbying Government[s] as required.
• Producing a quarterly policy briefing for TDS members.
• Representing TDS in policy forums with Government, Letting Agents, Landlords and other groups.
• Undertaking research in areas of interest to TDS [for example deposit repayment statistics, reasons for disputes, evaluation of early and self-resolution work, reasons for disputes, awards etc].
• Taking a lead role in drafting tender documents for new projects and initiatives.
• Publishing the results of research and surveys to promote TDS as the voice of authority.
• Producing research briefings for letting agents, Government and other groups.
• Working alongside the CEO and other Executive directors to draft, review and present the TDS Group strategy and sub strategies.
• Collection of business and competitor intelligence in tenancy deposits, dispute resolution and other areas, and publishing this data on a regular basis to the Leadership Team and Board.
• Development of a scenario planning process to identify alternative plausible scenarios for the Executive team and Board to review and assess the effectiveness of existing strategies against the scenarios.
• Analysis of individual Departmental performance benchmarked as far as possible with other organisations.
• Organising and facilitating strategy workshops, forums, digital forums, jams etc to assist in developing the TDS strategy
Closing Date: 2 December 2022
If the right candidate is found then we may appoint sooner than the closing date.
If you would like to apply please send your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@tenancydepositscheme.com
We regret we are unable to reply to all candidates, and will only contact those who fit the specific criteria.