Date Added: 25 October 2022
: 28 November 2022
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Association of Commonwealth Universities
Salary: £42,750 - £45,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
London WC1H (We operate hybrid, flexible working practices with 40% of your time per month being office based)
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Public Affairs Manager to join a global organisation and contribute to an ambitious strategy to secure support for higher education with governments and stakeholders across the Commonwealth and on the global stage.
The post holder will use insight and monitoring to inform and develop the ACU’s policy priorities and strategic engagement, provide high quality and strategic advice, and produce impactful briefings and written content for senior team members to support the communication of the ACU’s policy priorities both internally, and externally.
You will be expected to lead, develop and nurture effective and influential strategic relationships within Whitehall, the Commonwealth Secretariat, Commonwealth Governments, High Commissions and other stakeholders.
Who are we looking for?
• Knowledge and relevant experience of working in higher education and/or international development, the SDG’s, and the Commonwealth.
• Parliamentary experience or relevant experience working in the public affairs sector influencing with Governments.
• Excellent understanding of the political landscape, processes and systems across the UK and/or Commonwealth countries. Knowledge of international/multilateral bodies, including the UN is an advantage.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to draft briefs, speeches, and present and communicate complex information in a clear, compelling, and concise manner, with an awareness for the audience and an ability to respond rapidly.
• A strategic thinker, effective influencer, and networker, with a track record of effectively influencing change in a policy or public affairs capacity.
We offer a fantastic package of benefits including:
• 27 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees), plus 4 Christmas closure days
• Generous pension scheme – 5% employee contribution, 10% employer contribution
• Volunteering days
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave
• Give As You Earn charitable donations scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Sabbatical leave
• Ability to request flexible working from day one.
Closing Date: 28 November 2022
Interviews will take place 1 December 2022 and will be conducted virtually.
To apply please visit our website where you can submit your CV (maximum 2 pages) and online application form (maximum 1000 words) outlining how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the criteria for the role. Please include your motivation for applying.
If you have questions about this job, or would like further information, please contact Richard Grubb - Richard.Grubb@acu.ac.uk.
21/11/2022 - Closing date extended.