Date Added: 31 October 2022
: 25 November 2022
Job Title: Protest Organiser
Working For: Republic
Location: Work From Home
Salary: £28,000 pro rata
Length of Contract: 6 months
This is your opportunity to play a key role in the campaign for a democratic alternative to the monarchy.
There has never been a better time to get involved with this campaign. The accession of Charles to the throne has ushered in a dramatic shift in the nature of the debate. With the coronation fast approaching and Commonwealth countries starting their moves to ditch the Crown, Republic is aiming to ramp up the campaign here in the UK.
You will play a leading role in organising and coordinating Republic's coronation protest and smaller protests in the lead up to the coronation. This will include outreach to activists, members and supporters, liaising with potential allies, relevant authorities and the police and working on the plans for the day. You'll work closely with Republic's CEO and other staff and will be solely focussed on delivering an effective protest on May 6th, 2023.
Your role will include:
- Networking and liaising with other groups, campaigners and activists, bringing together a wide range of people to protest at the coronation and promote the protest.
- Planning and delivering the practical and logistical aspects of the coronation protest, including – alongside the CEO – liaising with the police.
- Working with other staff to promote the protest through social media, email and other social and campaign networks.
- Applying your existing knowledge, experience and networks to enhance the protest and create a larger and more successful response to the coronation.
- Planning and delivering smaller protests in line with developing plans for the coronation campaign.
This is a short term fixed contract aimed at delivering an effective protest at the coronation in 2023.
- Experience planning, organising and delivering successful protests
- Campaigns experience
- Excellent campaign communications skills
- Knowledge and experience of delivering social media campaigns
- An enthusiastic approach to working with volunteers and activists from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to self-manage
- The ability to handle deadlines and time pressures
- Experience is essential
Closing Date: 25 November 2022
Interviews will be conducted the week commencing November 28.
For full details and information on how to apply, visit www.republic.org.uk/protest-organiser