Date Added: 3 November 2022
: 30 November 2022
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Adviser - Wales
Working For: Macmillan Cancer Support
Location: Wales (Remote)
Salary: £28,500 to £32,500
Length of Contract: Permanent
Full time (34.5 hours) - we are open to a conversation about how you work these hours
Are you a policy and public affairs professional with a passion for making change? Do you want to use your skills and experience to improve the lives of people with cancer in Wales? If so, this could be the role for you.
About the role
As Policy and Public Affairs Adviser - Wales at one of the UK’s most respected charities, you’ll play a vital role in developing and delivering impactful policy and public affairs strategies to secure change for people living with cancer.
You’ll use your skills and experience to develop policy and influence key stakeholders. You’ll build relationships with internal and external stakeholders so we can be as effective as possible.
This role is home based. The working hours are 34.5 hours a week but with flexibility on start and finish times and other working pattern options.
- You will have experience of writing policy documents and political briefings of varying length and for a variety of audiences
- You will have experience of engagement with government and/or other regulatory bodies
- You will have a strong understanding of the political and policy making process in Wales and levers for influencing change
- You will have the ability to analyse complex policy issues, identify key issues for Macmillan and develop messages for influencing and campaigning
- You will have the ability to communicate policy messages to a range of audiences through a variety of channels
You can find more information in the role profile. If you’re excited about the role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with the job description, we’d love to hear from you anyway.
In order to ensure fairness and consistency to select the best candidate for this role, all of our applications are anonymised up until an interview has been confirmed so that shortlisting is based solely upon the suitability of the candidate’s experience.
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
The application deadline is 23:59 on the closing date, with virtual interviews taking place the week commencing 12th December.
All applications must be made through Macmillan Career's Page: https://jobs.macmillan.org.uk/jobs/vacancy/9801/W4MP/detail