Date Added: 4 November 2022
: 25 November 2022
Job Title: Director of the Conservative Research Department
Working For: CCHQ
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Conservative Party is looking for a new Director of the Conservative Research Department, established in 1929.
The successful candidate will lead and execute the Party’s day-to-day political strategy and research, offering immediate, comprehensive, strategic, consistent and effective advice to senior members of the party.
They will also be responsible for leading one of the most talented political teams in the United Kingdom and will therefore require excellent managerial and leadership experience.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate:
• Exceptional political judgment.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• First-class communication skills.
• Production of clear, concise, accurate briefing.
• Creating and nurturing networks of external policy contacts.
• An understanding of developing communications strategies, to meet the Party’s political objectives.
• An ability to work with senior political figures in Government and across the party.
Essential abilities include:
• Leading and directing the dissemination of core/key Party messaging via the full spectrum of channels to a variety of audiences as required.
• Leadership and management of Party research – articulating and championing the Party’s proposals and plans.
• Reviewing, advising on and responding to propositions put forward by other UK political parties.
• Developing multi-team outputs, including research, briefing and rebuttal.
• Briefing senior/very senior politicians, top Party professionals and other Party members across all policy areas ahead of media and other appearances.
Closing Date: 25 November 2022