Date Added: 8 November 2022
: 28 November 2022
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Roz McCall MSP (Mid-Scotland and Fife)
Salary: £25,300 - £30,114, in line with agreed pay ranges
Length of Contract: Permanent
Roz McCall MSP (Mid-Scotland and Fife) is looking for a proactive and highly organised individual to join her team in the Scottish Parliament. The role is on a full-time basis working from both the Scottish Parliament and the member’s local office in Dunfermline.
You'll need the capacity to work as part of a team but have high self-motivational skills. A conscientious work attitude is essential and flexibility to work practices are needed due to the fast moving and everchanging position of politics.
Duties will include:
• Producing the materials that will convey the aims of the MSP to the general public.
• Keeping up to date with the current media developments in both a parliamentary and local level
• Building and maintaining successful relationships with stakeholders, media outlets and campaign groups.
• Promoting the MSP to all media and advance media recognition
• Producing high quality press releases, briefings, presentations and written material
• Be responsible for the content, monitoring and promotion on social media in line with the aims of the MSP
• Identifying up and coming events that relate to the aims of the MSP
• Strong organisational/administrative and IT skills with good attention to detail.
• Must be capable in monitoring media developments and sourcing information
• Understand service-related principles
• A creativity in designing and communicating over different media platforms.
• Ability to relate well to people
• Media or public relations experience preferable.
• Knowledge and/or experience in promotional work
• Excellent communication skills.
• A flexible and adaptable approach with good initiative.
• The ability to work well in a small team.
• Knowledge of Scottish political scene essential.
The ability to fully support the Member in carrying out their parliamentary duties
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 November 2022
Interviews will be scheduled at a mutually agreeable time after the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering statement of no more than one side of A4, showing how you meet the above criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org