Date Added: 16 November 2022
: 6 December 2022
Job Title: Head of Public Affairs (FTC)
Working For: The British Dental Association- a client of Murray McIntosh
Salary: £50,294 - £58,804
Length of Contract: Until October 2023
Murray McIntosh are proud to be supporting the British Dental Association with the recruitment of a Head of Public Affairs, a key advocacy function for the association during an exciting time for the industry.
This leadership position focusses on promoting the BDA through parliamentary, public affairs and campaigning activity and is crucial in securing political change on behalf of members.
The role is a maternity cover- a fixed term contract until October 2023 as a minimum.
• Develop public affairs strategy and manage day-to-day activity
• Work closely with the policy team, contributing to BDA’s policy development by responding to and anticipating political developments, along with related threats and opportunities for the BDA
• Proactively build, maintain and develop constructive relationships with politicians, researchers and other stakeholders
• Develop and deliver monitoring systems for activity which accurately tracks and reports opportunities for engagement
• Line manage a Public Affairs and Campaigns Adviser, providing guidance, one-to-one support and direction
• Understanding of the UK political environment and policymaking processes
• Demonstrable experience of influencing challenging policy objectives through campaigning (healthcare industry experience is not a prerequisite)
• Excellent relationship-building and communications skills, including strong writing and editing for range of audiences.
• Experience of coordinating briefings, meetings and other activity at Westminster, including running events.
• Excellent information and data monitoring and analysis skills.
The office is based in London with hybrid working available. Typically, 1/2 days in the office per week.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Closing Date: 6 December 2022
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis so please do not wait to apply. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please apply by send your CV via the Murray McIntosh website: