Date Added: 16 November 2022
: 11 December 2022
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Director General
Working For: Institute of Economic Affairs
Salary: £28,000+ dependent on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Executive Assistant to the Director General
Reporting directly to the Director General, this is a full-time position to start as soon as possible in 2023. You will be based at the IEA office in Westminster, working very closely with the Director General (DG) to support them in their duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Professional, responsible, meticulous, organised, and with exceptional attention to detail.
• Collaborative, discrete, sensitive to the needs of others, and with a high personal integrity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Good tech-literacy; competent in using MS Office suite and planning tools.
• Experience with engagement databases an advantage. Salesforce preferred but not essential.
• Solutions-focused - thrives on challenges and remains calm under pressure.
• Willing and able to work flexible and occasionally unsociable hours.
• Experience of supporting senior leaders an advantage.
• An interest and understanding of current affairs is an advantage.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
• Responsible for the diary appointments and travel arrangements of the DG.
• Manage correspondence, both written and verbal, from the DG office.
• Manage the DG’s action list, ensuring correct prioritisation and focus on completion.
• Manage the DG’s office budget including the completion of monthly expense reports.
• Organise DG Office meetings, again ensuring a focus on completing tasks.
• Work with other departments to execute the IEA’s events programme.
• Work with the Development team to brief the DG on donor meetings and ensure follow-up
• Work with the Communications team to support the DG’s media and public affairs work.
• Support the organising of Trustee and senior leader meetings, as required.
Closing Date: 11 December 2022
Interviews (two rounds) will be conducted between November 2022 – January 2023, aiming for a start date as soon as possible in early 2023. However, the job advertisement may be recalled early if a suitable candidate is found before 11th December 2022 (Closing Date).
Please find the full scope of the job description at https://iea.org.uk/jobs-3/.
Qualified candidates should send the following to email@example.com
• Curriculum vitae
• Covering letter explaining
- How you learned about the position
- Why you want the job
- What makes you the best person for the job including particularly relevant qualifications / experience and your interest in the IEA mission
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.