Date Added: 19 November 2022
: 20 December 2022
Job Title: Refugee, Asylum and Migration Policy Adviser to Simon Fell MP
Working For: The Refugee, Asylum and Migration Policy Project (RAMP)
Salary: £210 per day (2 days a week)
Length of Contract: At least 6 months, with a likelihood of extension at that point
The Refugee, Asylum and Migration Policy (RAMP) project is looking for a new person to join the team to serve as a policy adviser to Simon Fell MP, working 2 days per week. The adviser will be seconded into the office of Simon Fell MP from RAMP, which is a cross-party project with advisers currently working with Caroline Nokes MP, Rt. Hon. Sir Stephen Timms MP, Tim Farron MP, David Simmonds MP, Olivia Blake MP, Baroness Stroud, Baroness Mobarik, Baroness Lister and The Lord Bishop of Durham.
- Providing briefings on refugee, asylum and migration legislation, debates and policy discussions at the request of the MP.
- Supporting the MP in drafting speeches, articles and amendments.
- Arranging opportunities for Simon Fell MP to meet with those working in or with personal experience of the asylum and immigration system
- Where appropriate, contributing to internal policy discussions within the Conservative Party.
- Working with the other RAMP advisers to coordinate RAMP parliamentary strategy, identifying opportunities for cross-party interventions, particularly around the RAMP priority themes of citizenship, asylum and destitution and economic migration.
- Working with other RAMP advice to provide secretariat support to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Migration.
- Meeting with other parliamentarians, with NGOs and other organisations working on resettlement, asylum and migration policy to identify possible campaigns and parliamentary interventions.
We are looking for an organised, self-starter with the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Experience of working in parliament or for a political party.
- Knowledge and understanding of parliamentary procedure.
- Knowledge and understanding of resettlement, asylum and migration policy.
- Understanding of the objectives of, and debates within the Conservative Party, particularly regarding resettlement, asylum and migration policy
- 2+ years experience working in policy or public affairs.
- A highly proficient writer.
- Able to both think and act strategically, and to react quickly to fast-changing events.
- Able to build strong relationships quickly with a range of different stakeholders
Closing Date: 20 December 2022
The shortlist will be finalised and interviews conducted in the first week of January. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
To apply for this role please send a CV, and a separate cover letter of no more than 1 side of A4, which sets out your movitation for applying and the key strengths that you would bring to the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org