Date Added: 21 November 2022
: 6 January 2023
Job Title: Membership and Fundraising Manager
Working For: Compass
Salary: £32 - £38,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Compass is looking to recruit a Membership and Fundraising Manager (MFM), to grow our membership base on the back of an ambitious new campaign launching this winter. The MFM will drive our membership programme, help develop a strategy, build our offer to members, grow the list and generate funds to fuel our campaigning and organising work.
You should be experienced in either a fundraising or membership role, with proven ability to engage values-driven members and supporters, build a list and fundraise through individual gifts. We are seeking someone who is both a ‘planner’ and a ‘doer’ – with the experience and knowledge to build successful fundraising plans, as well as the drive and project management skills to implement them.
This role involves:
- Helping set and deliver an overall strategy for fundraising and membership, including regular membership subscriptions, one-off donations from the list and stewarding high value donors
- Running the day-to-day membership programme, including list building activities and input to wider communications, responding to member queries, processing membership data and tracking list growth
- Line-managing the Membership and Operations Officer and working with them on member engagement
- Working closely with our communications and campaigns team to align fundraising asks to messages and events
- Selecting, briefing and managing external agencies and suppliers
For full details, see our application page: https://apply.workable.com/compass-14/j/E395D89453/
Compass is committed to providing equal opportunities to people regardless of background and we actively seek applications from people with backgrounds that are underrepresented in our sector, especially in regard to race and class. We recognise that representation in our organisation and our sector is not good enough; this makes our politics and our campaigns weaker. As such, we particularly encourage applications from people who can demonstrate their skills, even if they have never worked in politics and campaigning. We welcome people to apply who can demonstrate their aptitude and enthusiasm, even if a career in politics has so far been closed off to them.
Closing Date: 6 January 2023
We will look at applications on a rolling basis and may hold phone screen interviews before the first round of interviews take place. First round interviews will take places in early/mid January. Start date is as soon as possible.
Closing time: 12pm noon
To apply for this role and for more information see our application page: https://apply.workable.com/compass-14/j/E395D89453/. You will be asked to upload a CV and answer two questions relating to the position.
We will look at applications as they come in and we may phonescreen candidates before the closing date. Interviews will take place in early January. If you think you’ll struggle to make this deadline but are keen to apply, or have any other questions about the role email email@example.com
20/12/2022 - Closing date extended to 6th January.