Date Added: 22 November 2022
: 4 December 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Shaun Bailey MP (Bromwich West)
Location: West Bromwich West, or remote
Salary: Inline with IPSA payscales, starting at £21,529
Length of Contract: 3 months initially, from 1st January 2023
Shaun Bailey, MP for West Bromwich West, is looking to hire a full-time caseworker for his busy constituency office. This is a fixed term contract initially, from 1st January-31st March 2023. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that issues constituents face are heard and actioned.
The job is taking the concerns of residents to Ministers or Government bodies and ensuring that residents secure the support and outcomes they need and deserve. Enjoying working with others and supporting individuals and groups is vital.
Possibility of remote working exists for the right candidate.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, people at all levels
- Experience working for the Citizens’ Advice Bureau or similar, is very welcome
- A self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Answering a large number of queries from members of the public on a wide range of local and national matters by phone, letter or email
- Drafting correspondence on various issues on the Member’s behalf.
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed securely.
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Providing advice and support to constituents by liaising with Government agencies, local government departments, the voluntary sector and any other organisations necessary to resolve casework matters
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 4 December 2022
Interviews to take place in mid-December
Apply online at https://hivesupport.co.uk/job-listing/caseworker-to-shaun-bailey-mp-west-bromwich-west/