Date Added: 20 March 2023
: 7 April 2023
Job Title: Programme Officer
Working For: LCEF (Labour Climate and Environment Forum)
Length of Contract: 12 months
LCEF is a brand new independent organisation working to raise climate and environmental ambition across the labour movement. It works with policy-makers, unions, activists and other organisations to shape climate and environmental narratives, build knowledge, and convene stakeholders from all different sectors of the movement. This role is an exciting opportunity to join the small team as it builds its brand and establishes itself with a political audience.
The successful applicant will be required to provide core assistance to the organisation, providing day-to-day support on a range of issues. Applicants will have experience of working with political audiences, especially those from the labour movement, and have knowledge of current climate and environment policy. As a small organisation, over the coming year LCEF requires a programme officer who can adapt to a wide-range of deliverables and be used to working in a rapidly-evolving environment.
Key tasks will involve:
• Engaging with key stakeholders including parliamentarians, unions, activists, NGOs, businesses and other organisations. This includes audiences at Westminster, Holyrood, the Senedd, metro mayors and local authorities across the UK.
• Writing policy briefings for use by parliamentarians.
• Providing organisational support for public events, private roundtables and in-person briefing sessions.
• Delivering communications support – writing op-eds, press-releases and growing the impact of LCEF’s social media and newsletter.
• Mapping and engaging prospective parliamentary candidates, equipping them with policy ideas.
• Representing LCEF at public and private events.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with political audiences from across the labour movement.
• Be enthusiastic about working in a small organisation and open to working across a wide range of deliverables.
• Be adaptable to a rapidly-changing political landscape.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have a passion for climate and environmental policy.
Closing Date: 7 April 2023
The first round of interviews will take place w/c 10 April and will involve an interview and written test. If a second round of interviews is required then these will take place w/c 17 April. We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as their notice period allows.
Submit your CV and a one-page cover letter on why you are suitable for this job to Paul McNamee, Director of LCEF at firstname.lastname@example.org