Date Added: 15 May 2023
: 27 May 2023
Job Title: Policy and Campaigns Intern (Fixed Term Contract - 12 months)
Working For: Make UK
Salary: London Living Wage - £11.95 per hour
Length of Contract: 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Make UK is the UK’s leading trade body for the manufacturing and engineering sector. Collectively we represent 20,000 companies of all sizes, from start-ups to multinationals, across engineering, manufacturing, technology and the wider industrial sector.
As a Policy and Campaigns Intern, you will work across a range of projects to support the policy and communications team, but with a particular focus on education and skills policy and the delivery of engineering and manufacturing T Levels. This is a key part of Make UK’s ‘Building resilient workforces’ campaign theme for 2023.
- Work with the Senior Policy Manager to support the delivery of policy and campaign content related to education and skills policy, including:
- Developing research and analysis to support and drive forward Make UK’s policy and campaign objectives for engineering and manufacturing T Levels
- Contributing to policy briefings for meetings of senior leaders with government ministers and officials
- Organisation of meetings and events for members and external stakeholders
- Contributing to social media campaigns and other published content
- Attending external meetings and events on the development of engineering and manufacturing T Levels
- Deliver member-facing events and communications which support member companies to engage with T Levels, and get the maximum benefit from Make UK’s policy work in this area
- Providing ad hoc support on other relevant policy issues in the area of education, skills and employment
- Work alongside public affairs, communications and membership colleagues to ensure a joined-up approach and deliver impactful campaign outcomes
Closing Date: 27 May 2023
Interviews on a rolling basis.
We may appoint a candidate prior to the closing date.
Please send your CV and a short cover note to Jamie Cater at email@example.com