Date Added: 27 May 2023
: 26 June 2023
Job Title: Senior Political and Media Consultant
Working For: Bridgehead Group
Length of Contract: Permanent
About Bridgehead Group
Bridgehead Group is the umbrella brand for three leading political and media consultancies: Bridgehead Communications (www.bridgeheadcommunications.com) focussed on high profile entrepreneurs and their businesses; Grade Communications (www.gradecommunications.com) targeted at the apprenticeships, vocational skills and further education sectors; and Townsend Communications (www.townsend-communications.co.uk) working exclusively with organisations in the adult social care sector.
Common to each of our three brands is our commitment to championing the needs and objectives of our clients through the media in positive, proactive, and creative ways.
We are hiring a Senior Political and Media Consultant with at least one year's experience in the communications and PR industry to build the public profiles of leading individuals and organisations and to mobilise support for the change they want to effect. You will do this through pitching, securing, and managing media coverage across print, online, and broadcast.
You will play a critical role in our client delivery. You will be responsible for securing high-impact editorial coverage for our clients and their ideas across all forms of media. You will get their ideas into the inboxes, eyes, and ears of their target market. Ultimately, you will get our clients and their ideas spoken about by others on all available channels, including among policymakers.
- Identify relevant journalists and policymakers for targeted engagement
- Craft high-impact, punchy, and persuasive media pitches for clients
- Secure high-value media opportunities for clients
- Follow-up with journalists to get editorial coverage over the line
- Find stimulating ‘news angles’ for even the most corporate clients
- Build long-term mutually beneficial relationships with journalists and policymakers
- Stay up to date with key public policy areas
- Support in the management and editing of leading political comment platform, Comment Central (www.commentcentral.co.uk)
- At least 1 year of experience in the PR or communications industry
- Track-record of successfully pitching stories, comments, and interviews to the press
- Enthusiasm and interest in the media, especially the political and business pages
- An interest in politics and public policy
Closing Date: 26 June 2023
Interviews will be ongoing. We may appoint before the closing date.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter outlining your relevant experienct to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark the subject line: 'Senior Political and Media Consultant application'.