Date Added: 2 June 2023
: 22 June 2023
Job Title: Policy & Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Medical Protection Society
Salary: £42,000 including £4,920 London Weighting Allowance
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking to recruit a Policy and Public Affairs manager based at our London Office on a permanent basis!
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the organisation is aware of and influences policy, political, & legislative developments by monitoring governments to regulators, identifying risks and opportunities and acting on behalf of MPS and members to influence change.
You would be working on a diverse range of interesting and changing policy areas spanning healthcare, law as well as indemnity and insurance.
All aspects of your role would be globally focused, working on policy issues and stakeholder engagement across the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Asia, and other markets where MPS protects members.
- You will ensure that MPS are aware of and influences policy, political and legislative developments that affect the business and its membership, by monitoring, identifying, and leading on responding to opportunities and risks.
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement – you will ensure that there is a plan in place to engage with our main stakeholder organisations, and you will be the lead point of contact for some of these stakeholders.
- Lead on creating policy positions and crafting a range of communications for senior stakeholders, in collaboration with senior colleagues.
- Produce high-quality, bespoke briefings on a range of topics including for colleagues attending meetings with stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to show career experience at a relevant level.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, with an ability to communicate persuasively.
- Have some experience in influencing policy and driving campaigns forward for a business.
- Has a great track record of successfully engaging with decision makers and key stakeholders.
- Hybrid working (London office)
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
Closing Date: 22 June 2023