Date Added: 3 June 2023
: 30 June 2023
Job Title: External Affairs Officer
Working For: Energy Networks Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
Energy Networks Association is a not-for-profit industry body representing the companies which operate the electricity wires, gas pipes and energy system in the UK and Ireland.
We help our members meet the challenge of delivering electricity and gas to communities across the UK and Ireland safely, sustainably and reliably.
Our members include all major electricity and gas network operators in the UK and Ireland, independent operators, National Grid ESO & National Gas. Our affiliate membership also includes companies with an interest in energy, including Heathrow Airport and Network Rail.
Working primarily on our Public Affairs programme, the successful candidate will play an active role in delivering the External Affairs programme of work on behalf of our members.
- Produce written briefings for senior leaders in ENA & our membership.
- Deliver ENA’s correspondence with key stakeholders.
- Conduct regular monitoring of Parliament and the wider public affairs landscape, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership opportunities, working closely with internal teams and experts to produce compelling content.
- Represent ENA and our members at external industry and Parliamentary events, building a network of internal and external contacts.
- Liaise with suppliers responsible for supporting the management of ENA’s public affairs programme.
- Working as part of a small team, there will be opportunities to develop your skills in media relations, digital communications, stakeholder engagement and crisis communications.
Knowledge and skills required
- Sound knowledge of Parliament and the public affairs landscape.
- Good understanding and ability to analyse political and policy developments.
- Strong project and time management skills/ability to manage priorities.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrable copywriting skills in creating and curating compelling content, with high levels of accuracy.
- Work constructively with ENA’s appointed agencies and manage their delivery of projects if required.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skill – a confident and persuasive communicator.
- To conduct any further duties as required by the External Affairs directorate.
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to Daniel Clelland at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed as received until the post is filled.