Date Added: 5 June 2023
: 23 June 2023
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Road Haulage Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
Based: Hybrid – Westminster office & home-based, 35 hours per week
The RHA is a member-led trade association supporting people and businesses in the road transport industry. We offer a voice for our members to work with governments, policy makers, and local authorities across the UK on the issues most important to them. We campaign on a breadth of priorities including changes to legislation, rising fuel costs, better roadside facilities, and the transition to a Net Zero transport system.
In the role of Public Affairs Manager, you will work as part of a proactive, energetic, and fast-paced team, supporting the development and delivery of our public affairs campaigning to impact and influence RHA’s priorities in the four nations of the UK.
The role is crucial in the management of political relationships for the Association, working closely with parliamentarians and local government to promote the political status of the road transport industry. You will fulfil an essential role as an advocate for the industry, engaging on critical policy issues from labour shortages, skills policy, roads and infrastructure, and the industry’s move towards net zero.
If you are an impact driven individual who wants to change and improve the policy landscape for road transport companies throughout the UK, this role could be for you. The role holder will have proven experience of working with national and/or devolved and local government and will be able to demonstrate delivery of impactful public affairs programmes and campaigns.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Build and maintain a strong network of policymakers in regional combined authorities, devolved administrations, Whitehall, related agencies, and other organisations.
• To proactively engage with members, of varying profiles, to ensure that the needs of all the RHA’s members are represented.
• Produce and deliver key materials for stakeholders, ranging from private briefings to regular policy updates.
• Providing high-quality public affairs insight and support for colleagues
• Manage and deliver events throughout the year, including opportunities at Party
Political Conferences, and in Parliament.
Closing Date: 23 June 2023
Please send covering letter and CV to;