Date Added: 19 June 2023
: 2 July 2023
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: The TaxPayers' Alliance
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent, after probation
The TaxPayers' Alliance, Britain's independent grassroots campaign for lower taxes and less government waste, is seeking to recruit a researcher. The role would involve producing hard-hitting research and swiftly reacting to fiscal events. Research will be released to the general public, the media, parliamentarians and policy makers, so candidates must have the confidence to communicate their findings to different audiences.
- An understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote the TPA's aims and values
- Excellent and demonstrable grasp of data management tools, including - but not limited to - Microsoft Excel
- The confidence to respond quickly to economic and political events, as well as external statistical releases
- The ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines
- The ability to write concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of standard office hours
- Economics degree, or other numerate degree/qualification(s)
- A demonstrable understanding of economics and fiscal policy
- Experience of carrying out economic research and/or statistical analysis
- Confidence speaking in public, with a view to representing the TPA on broadcast media and at major events
- Experience interacting with the print or broadcast media
- Knowledge or experience of working with Parliamentarians
Closing Date: 2 July 2023
Interviews will be conducted throughout this period and a practical exercise may also be required. The start date for this role will be as soon as possible. The position may be filled before the deadline.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line. Due to the high number of applications, we may not be able to reply to all applicants.