Date Added: 10 July 2023
: 30 July 2023
Job Title: Senior Politics & Public Affairs Adviser
Working For: Save the Children
Salary: £39,100 - £46,000
Length of Contract: Fixed term contract for 14 months
Save the Children UK has an exciting opportunity for a strategic and politically minded individual with extensive lobbying experience to join us as our Senior Politics & Public Affairs Adviser where you will work with those with political influence.
As Senior Politics & Public Affairs Adviser, you will be responsible for developing and delivering high-impact change strategies, building and holding relationships with those with political influence, and advising senior staff on politics.
In this role, you will:
- Lead political influencing and develop strategies for Save the Children’s conflict and humanitarian advocacy priorities in the UK.
- Identify lobbying opportunities and enable colleagues to exploit them fully using powerful evidence, trusted relationships, and innovative and creative tactics that help Save the Children stand out in a crowded arena.
- Provide strategic political insight and ensure systematic monitoring, analysis and dissemination of political intelligence.
- Build, maintain and monitor UK government, parliamentary and other political relationships relevant to Save the Children’s work.
- Represent SCUK externally, actively networking and building constructive relationships with parliamentarians, , advisers, officials, trade unions, political parties, think tanks, NGOs and media to support SCUK’s influencing and profile building.
To be successful, it is important that you have:
- Significant operational experience of structures, processes and trends in the UK political system.
- Proven ability to think and plan strategically, with a track record of achieving political change
- Demonstrable ability to develop and deliver flexible and innovative lobbying strategies to achieve challenging advocacy asks.
- A strong network in Westminster and a Whitehall and a track record of building and maintaining relationships which lead to policy impact.#
- Demonstrable understanding of, and experience in managing, political risk.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission and values.
Closing Date: 30 July 2023
To apply please visit our website: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/vacancy/senior-politics--public-affairs-adviser-6415-london-farringdon/6441/description/