Date Added: 21 August 2023
: 31 August 2023
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: British Beer and Pub Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
British Beer and Pub Association
To provide effective public affairs strategy that supports the core work of the Communications Department, as well as playing a key role in developing communications and media relations that promote the interest of the Association’s members. Manage the Public Affairs Officer
• Working with policy makers and other key stakeholders at Westminster to promote the beer and pub industry.
• Working with key stakeholders in the devolved administrations to promote the beer and pub industry.
• Building relationships with key stakeholders in regional and local Government, including the Metro Mayors, to promote the beer and pub industry.
• Acting as the lead for all activity relating to the Welsh Beer and Pub Association
• Developing and monitoring the progress of the BBPA’s public affairs strategy
• Executing BBPA campaigns, overseeing the design and print of campaign materials, organising events, conferences and seminars as required.
• Support the Management of the BBPA’s public affairs agency relationship
• Acting as the key point of contact with regard to industry stakeholder relations, attending meetings and briefings with other key trade bodies
• Liaising with BBPA policy team members to remain abreast of the latest developments in the brewing and pub sector.
• Advising team members on areas of political activity relevant to their policy specialisation.
• Briefing BBPA members on relevant policy issues and latest public policy developments.
• Overseeing the BBPA’s regional associations
Attitudes, Values & Skills Required:
• A passion for beer and pubs.
• The ability to think strategically.
• Excellent judgement, critical thinking and reasoning on current affairs and impact on public affairs strategy.
• Strategically minded, ability to develop and execute planned public affairs approaches.
• Excellent influencing and inter-personal skills among peers and colleagues.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering public affairs plans and managing key stakeholder relationships.
• Strong team management and leadership skills.
Closing Date: 31 August 2023
Initial Screening interview via Teams w/c 21st August
Second interview in the Office based at Canon Street
Start date tbc
Please forward a CV and cover letter to NickyAckerley@hrsupportconsultancy.co.uk .
Nicky is the HR Consultant at BBPA