We are looking for a Consultant to play a key role in our vibrant public affairs and property team based in Manchester. The role is suitable for someone with around 2-3+ years of related experience.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of accounts for property and development clients, including those from the residential, retail, energy and transport sectors.
Candidates must be politically astute with a good knowledge of local politics, as well as an interest in and understanding of national current affairs. A public affairs, communications, stakeholder engagement or public relations background is desirable.
Experience of working in the property and planning sector, or the political arena, such as for a Government department, political party, Local Authority or an MP, would be a distinct advantage.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Positive, with a can-do attitude;
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure and meet often demanding deadlines;
- Can manage multiple projects and demonstrate good organisational skills;
- Aware of the commercial environment in which we operate;
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working as an account manager responsible for day-to-day management of projects;
- Ensuring work is delivered in a timely fashion and to a high standard;
- Providing proactive client advice on programmes of activity;
- Managing the media monitoring and political research across accounts;
- Contributing ideas to the senior team on project strategies;
- Demonstrating clear understanding of the current issues impacting on the property sector;
- Ability to communicate potential problems and identify development opportunities for other team members.
In return you will work within a talented team of public affairs professionals in a well-established and well-respected consultancy, with excellent career and personal development opportunities.
At Lexington, we believe in creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, one based on collaboration, purpose and professional development at every level.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV along with a covering letter to Anna.Hamilton@lexcomm.co.uk