Date Added: 24 August 2023
: 24 September 2023
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Dr Ben Spencer MP (Runnymede and Weybridge)
Location: Runnymede and Weybridge
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Fixed term (12 months)
Dr Ben Spencer is looking for a full-time Senior Caseworker to join his constituency office.
• Oversee and manage portfolio of personal and policy-based casework appropriately and ensure cases are logged, progress is monitored, and all identified actions are taken
• Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Supervision of other members of staff
• Take initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Experience of policy or casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
• Positive and proactive approach to work, and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Familiarity with Caseworker system an advantage
The role will be available on an initial 12-month basis, but with the potential for it to be made permanent.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 September 2023
Dr Ben Spencer will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis with a possible start date in September 2023, subject to security clearance. We reserve the right to appoint a candidate before the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org