Date Added: 29 August 2023
: 21 September 2023
Job Title: Policy and Communications Assistant
Working For: British Holiday and Home Parks Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
The British Holiday & Home Parks Association (BHHPA) is a trade association established exclusively to serve and represent the interests of the parks industry in the UK. Our members own and manage both holiday and residential parks in across the four nations and we support them in representing their interests to government at all levels, as well as providing expert policy knowledge and support. We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic new Policy and Communications Officer to join our growing policy team.
Working from our office right next to Gloucester train station, you’ll be joining a small but friendly team, dedicated to supporting our members and advocating for both the holiday and residential sectors. You will support the Head of Policy and Communications in responding to consultations, providing advice and guidance to our members, assisting with stakeholder engagement and contribute to our lobbying and campaigning work.
Experience of public affairs, campaigning, policy analysis and general communications would be beneficial. The role would also suit a graduate with some work experience, or a career changer looking to enter a policy/public affairs role.
- Degree or equivalent education.
- Experience of working in a policy, political or broader communications role.
- Interest in the industry
- Knowledge of the UK political landscape
- A keen interest in current affairs
- Excellent written and spoken communications.
- Attention to detail with excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to produce reports, briefings and other written communications often dealing with complex technical information.
- Research skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure, and to short deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and establish collaborative relationships across the organisation.
- Driving licence required, to visit members and events in remote and rural locations.
A working knowledge of French and/or Welsh would be desirable but not essential.
Closing Date: 21 September 2023
Interviews: Thursday 28 September 2023
Start date: ASAP
To apply for this position please email a CV and cover letter (no more than 3 pages total) explaining how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description/person specification
For more information, please contact Karl Hobley, Policy Manager email@example.com