Date Added: 31 August 2023
: 27 September 2023
Job Title: Policy Researcher
Working For: The Russell Group of Universities
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Russell Group, which represents 24 leading UK universities, is seeking a Policy Researcher. This permanent full-time role involves:
- Analysis and research in the areas of university admissions, access and participation, and student experience.
- Data analysis on relevant national data sets.
- Managing research projects and outputs.
- Contributing to high quality, persuasive and evidence-based papers for a variety of audiences including government, member universities, and policymakers.
- Collecting and maintaining information about key activities and developments within Russell Group institutions which relate to Russell Group policy priorities.
- Contributing directly to communications outputs including press statements, blogs, opinion pieces and occasional media interviews.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working on research projects, particularly related to policy analysis and development.
- Strong attention to detail in producing persuasive, evidence-based conclusions
- Experience of analysing/using a range of data/information sources to inform evidence-based policy development and data conclusions.
- Ability to write in clear, concise English for different audiences.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work proactively and to manage own workload, both independently and as part of a team.
- A good level of numeracy and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
A full vacancy description for the role (including the key competencies) and our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form are available to download at: https://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/vacancies/
We welcome applications from people whatever their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief, or age. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion as a core part of our values, which are stated in the vacancy description document.
The starting salary will be in the range of £32,130-£35,000.
The post is based in our Central London office with flexibility for home working for part of each week. Benefits include a generous career average pension, enhanced parental leave/pay and flexible working policy.
Closing Date: 27 September 2023
Closing date: 5pm, Wednesday 27th September 2023
First round interviews are likely to held on 12th/13th October 2023 with second round interviews being scheduled for the week commencing 23rd October 2023.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
1) An up-to-date CV (max. 2 sides of A4) including:
- details of your current and past employment
- your degree qualifications including subjects and grades
- two references (your current/most recent employer and a former line manager)
2) A cover letter (max. 2 sides of A4) that addresses:
- how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the role
- why you are interested in working for the Russell Group
For a confidential discussion, please contact Joanna Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org.