Date Added: 2 September 2023
: 22 September 2023
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mary Robinson MP (Cheadle)
Location: Cheadle Hulme (Stockport, Greater Manchester)
Salary: Starts at £21,529 up to £34,599 (dependant on experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Mary Robinson is looking to recruit a Caseworker to join her Constituency Office team based in Cheadle Hulme. You will work alongside a Senior Caseworker, assisting constituents with their problems and enquires. Mary seeks an enthusiastic team worker who will be dedicated to providing outstanding service to her constituents. This is a full-time role.
• Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Attend constituency meetings as appropriate
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
• Draft responses to constituents
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
The following skills, experience and qualities are required for the role:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high attention to detail
• Competent in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Case Management Software
• Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
• An ability to help constituents in a positive, helpful, sympathetic, sensitive, and non-judgemental manner
• Sympathetic to the aims of the Conservative Party at minimum
• Full UK driving licence is desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 September 2023
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply by completing an application form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Job Application – Caseworker’.
Application forms can be accessed on my website here: https://www.mary-robinson.org.uk/vacancies or please telephone 0161 672 6855 if alternative access is required.