Date Added: 4 September 2023
: 22 September 2023
Job Title: Political and Media Intern
Working For: Bridgehead Group
Salary: £7.49 - £10.42 per hour (dependent on age, National Minimum Wage)
Length of Contract: 3 months
Based in the City of London, Bridgehead Group is the umbrella brand for three leading political and media consultancies: Bridgehead Communications focussed on high profile entrepreneurs and their businesses; Grade Communications targetted at the apprenticeships, vocational skills and further education sectors; and Townsend Communications working exclusively with organisations in the adult social care sector.
We are looking to recruit an intern to work across our three consultancies for an initial three-month period. The role is well suited to a recent graduate or someone looking to embark on a career in political and media communications.
The successful candidate will have strong written and communication skills, a demonstrable interest in politics and the media. The successful candidate will work directly with the Managing Director, regularly engage with clients, develop an understanding of specialist policy areas, draft comment articles for publication in the national, online and trade media and contribute thoughts and ideas to client strategy discussions.
The roles and responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Media monitoring.
- Updating and maintaining client social media channels.
- Tracking and collating political events for use in forward planning and client strategy.
- Writing opinion pieces for publication in the media.
- Editing client opinion pieces.
- Drafting and issuing press releases and comments to the media.
- Engaging with journalists and MPs’ offices.
- Event planning and organising.
- Contributing to and drafting briefing notes.
- Helping to write proposals for prospective clients.
Closing Date: 22 September 2023
The role is available immediately. The successful applicant may be appointed before the closing date.
Please submit a CV and short covering letter to Jasmine Laws at firstname.lastname@example.org