Date Added: 7 September 2023
: 24 September 2023
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Peter Gibson MP (Darlington)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Length of Contract: Fixed Term
Peter Gibson, Member of Parliament for Darlington is looking to recruit a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to join his team. The position will be based at his Westminster Office in London.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, with excellent written and oral communication skills and must have the ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to all policy correspondence from constituents on a wide range of issues
- Assisting with speech & question drafting
- Undertaking research and writing briefings
- Providing policy advice to Peter’s constituency casework team on issues raised by constituents
- Liaising with the constituency office on local campaigns and projects
- Drafting press releases on national/local issues
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload, which can often change at short notice
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong research and IT skills
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 September 2023
Successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview accordingly.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a short covering letter to Peter via email@example.com.